To be trailblazers on the path to ending eating disorders – investing where the need is greatest and the outcomes most profound.
Our vision is healthy lives, free from eating disorders.
With success, our work will impact the following truths:
- Eating disorders are the leading cause of death for 17 – 24 year old women in North America.
- There is no known single cause, nor cure.
- The facts behind eating disorders are widely misunderstood, creating a stigma that shadows everything to do with the disease.
- An eating disorder is a mental illness that targets destruction of the family unit.
- Early treatment is, so far, the best defense we have against its long-term effects.
- And yet, the public healthcare system drastically under-funds eating disorders, creating insufficient capacity that perpetuates the crisis.