Thanks to our dedicated supporters, WaterStone Foundation is able to:
Help patients access treatment faster
Increase access to care by funding innovative public hospital eating disorder programs
Raise awareness and understanding about eating disorders through workshops, training and ongoing collaboration with other eating disorder and mental health organizations
Advocate for better care for patients and families
Since our founding in 2014, we have raised over $1,000,000 for our programs!
How Funds Were Raised
How Funds Were Spent
Our Commitment to Accountability
WaterStone is a registered Canadian Charity (Charitable Registration No. 85399 7898 RR0001) with a well-documented track record. We are committed to sustainable, transparent governance, and to optimizing the generous contributions of our donors.
Our Audited Financial Statements:
Governed by our Board of Directors, WaterStone Foundation makes the following promises to donors:
- To treat donors and prospective donors with respect.
- To guarantee that a donor’s gift is applied towards activities for which it was given.
- To disclose the charity’s name and the purpose for which funds are requested while seeking donations.
- To never mislead donors or prospective donors with foundation claims.
- To grant donors the right to remain anonymous.
- To provide all published financial statements upon request.
- To demonstrate the utmost transparency and accountability through accurate and accessible disclosure of information.
- To establish whether an individual soliciting contribution is a volunteer, an employee or a contracted third party.
- To respond promptly to a complaint by a donor or prospective donor.